Tech: How to set up zoom
HOW TO SET UP ZOOM
What is Zoom?
Zoom allows one-to-one chat sessions that can grow into group calls, training sessions, webinars and global video meetings with up to 1,000 participants and as many as 49 on-screen videos. Essentially, it’s an alternative option to other video calling platforms like Skype, Facetime and Facebook Messenger.
How to sign in
1. Go to http://zoom.us
2. If you already have an account and click on Sign In.
3. You can use the "e-mail" and "password" that you have created. You can also use your Google or Facebook account to sign in with.
4. If you do not have a current Zoom account, please click on Sign Up Free to create a new one.
5. Enter your date of birth and details
6. Confirm your email
7. Then click https://zoom.us/download and click on download
8. Then click on the bottom left corner and let it install
9. Then click on “sign in”
How to set up a meeting
1. Sign into Zoom
2. Click on Meetings.
3. Click Schedule a Meeting.
4. Choose the date and time for your meeting.
5. Click Save.
How to start the meeting
1. Go to My Meetings.
2. Under Upcoming Meetings, click start next to the meeting.
3. Then the meeting should automatically start
4. You can also add people to the meeting by sending the meeting invitation link
How to join a meeting
1. Open Zoom
2. Click sign in
3. Click the join button
4. Enter the meeting ID
5. Select if you would like to connect audio and/or video and click Join.
6. Or alternatively you can get the host of the meeting to send you the link to the meeting