General Care Assistant
General Care Assistant
We are currently recruiting for a kind and motivated person to join our team of General Care Assistants. This is an ideal role for anyone looking to start in the care industry. No experience necessary, full training provided.
Our general assistants play an essential part in creating the welcoming, friendly environment for our guests that Leuchie House is known for.
Responsibilities include preparing the dining room for mealtimes, assisting guests with eating and drinking and interacting with guests to make mealtimes fun and relaxing. Occasional assisting with personal care to ensure guest comfort and wellbeing.
This is a part-time role (around 16 hours per week) working 8am to 12pm over a 2-week rota period.
- Right to work in the UK essential
- No experience necessary (full paid training provided)
- Good communication skills
- Caring and compassionate
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Completion of a satisfactory Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary of £11.12 to £11.45 per hour (dep. on experience)
- Guarantee of every other weekend off (Fri 1pm finish)
- 35 days holiday per year (pro rata for p/t employees)
- Referral bonus
- Paid training and funding access for SVQ2 and opportunities for career progression
- Cycle to work scheme, discount card scheme membership for high street retailers, pension and life assurance, free refreshments provided during shifts, access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with long term conditions!!
We are a unique, caring independent charity providing short break holidays for adults with long-term neurological conditions such as MS, MND and Stroke.
We are the only service of our kind in Scotland and we aim to be more than just a change of caring environment instead offering a wonderful holiday experience, enabled by our nursing, care and general assistant teams.
We are proud to be a Real Living Wage accredited employer and we care about our employees, operating family friendly policies. We support and encourage Equality and Diversity, and we are working towards making Leuchie a ‘greener’ place to work and reducing our environmental impact.
Apply today by emailing email@example.com or calling 01620 892864 and see where a career in Care will take you.
- Call us to find out more 01620 892864
- Sign up for our monthly e‑newsletter, Leuchie Outlook