Warm, caring and friendly people like you would fit in great with our incredible team of Care Assistants who help our lovely guests to have the best break at Leuchie House.
Working as a key member of the team, you'll provide individualised, personal care to our guests. You will also play a big part in the social activities and outings that make respite breaks at Leuchie House so special.
You’ll receive on the job paid training and we can put you through your SVQ2. You also get great benefits and a special place to work.
Set in the beautiful East Lothian countryside we are a unique, friendly and caring independent charity providing short break holidays for guests with long-term neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Stroke and Parkinson’s as well as providing respite for their carer’s.
We are the only service of our kind in Scotland and we are renowned for our genuine, compassionate and caring team of staff who work together to provide a fantastic holiday experience for our guests.
Our team of Care Assistants are key to enabling this amazing holiday experience and we are proud to be a Real Living Wage accredited employer.
Full and part-time hours are available with a guarantee of every other weekend off. Shifts are a mix of early (7:30am - 3pm) and late (2:30pm - 10pm) with an occasional night shift.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary of £10.76 per hour
- Guarantee of every other weekend off
- Enhanced 7 weeks holiday entitlement per annum
- Investing in people through regular paid training, paid formal qualifications (SVQ’s) and opportunities for career progression
- Enhanced occupational sick pay and maternity pay
- Paid membership of Blue Light Card scheme offering discounts at major brands and high street retailers
- Tax efficient salary sacrifice Cycle to Work scheme
- Free refreshments including tea, coffee, water, squash and snacks, home baking and hot food for evening shifts
- Great social events including Christmas and summer get togethers and opportunities to join in with fundraising events
- Paid compassionate leave and counselling support in emergencies
- Non-contributory Life Assurance scheme
- Company pension scheme administered
- A unique and beautiful working environment
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with long term conditions
- We care about our employees and operate family friendly policies. We support and encourage Equality and Diversity, and we are working towards making Leuchie a ‘greener’ place to work and reducing our environmental impact.
How to apply
Send your CV and covering letter to us today, we look forward to hearing from you. Or pick up the phone and speak to Jaime on 01620 892864.
This post is considered regulated work with protected adults, under the protection of vulnerable groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme update check.
Care assistant job description
Leuchie House application form
- Call us to find out more 01620 892864
- Sign up for our monthly e‑newsletter, Leuchie Outlook