We have an exciting new opportunity for a confident, enthusiastic and creative person to join our Guest Engagement team as an Activities Assistant.
Reporting to the Guest Engagement Manager you will be working as a key member of the Guest Engagement team. You’ll help to make every guest's break at Leuchie really special by taking part in and helping to run group and individual in-house activities: everything from arts and crafts, to cocktails and quiz nights, food tasting, and walks in the Leuchie grounds.
We are looking for someone who is kind, confident and loves working with people. Excellent communication and listening skills are key, as well as being creative and adaptable. An important part of this role is being aware of the different interests and ability levels amongst guests and being able to ensure that everyone can take part in some way and enjoy themselves.
This is a part-time, permanent position working 36.5 hours over a 2-week rota period. Shifts are 11am to 5.30pm, 2pm to 8.30pm or 11am to 6pm.
Salary and benefits
- Excellent salary of £10.80 per hour
- Enhanced 7 weeks holiday each year (pro rata for part time)
- Guarantee of every other weekend off
- A unique and beautiful working environment
- A fun and friendly team of colleagues, volunteers and guests
- Excellent benefits including life assurance, workplace pension, cycle-to-work scheme, national discount card benefit scheme membership and more
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with long-term conditions
Set in the beautiful East Lothian countryside we are a unique, friendly and caring independent charity providing short breaks for guests with long-term neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Stroke and Parkinson’s as well as respite for their carer’s.
We are the only service of our kind in Scotland and we aim to be more than just a change of caring environment instead offering a wonderful holiday experience through the activities we offer organised and coordinated by our Guest Engagement team and enabled by our 24-hour nursing and care teams.
How to apply
Please download an application form below or email your CV and covering letter to HR@leuchiehouse.org.uk. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications: Friday 11 November 2022
- Call us to find out more 01620 892864
- Sign up for our monthly e‑newsletter, Leuchie Outlook