What we do
This is a really exciting time to join Leuchie House. As a charity we are dedicated to delivering a unique, fully integrated health and social care service, built around our bespoke five star quality assurance framework based on professionalism, wellbeing and customer service.
Set in the beautiful East Lothian countryside beside North Berwick, we are Scotland's only dedicated respite centre offering short breaks to people with long term conditions such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s.
The learning and development of our staff is crucial as we strive to deliver a wide range of opportunities and experiences. We are delighted to be an official partner of Queen Margaret University in terms of Health and Social Care, research and co-production.
We are currently recruiting for an HR Manager who will provide advice and support to staff and managers in all aspects of human resources. This role reports to the Chief Executive and the candidate will be required to deal with all daily HR operations, but also have the ability to think strategically to support and develop Leuchie for the future.
The candidate will line manage the HR Coordinator and will be integral in supporting the business, updating and improving HR processes to ensure an effective HR service is delivered.
Main purpose of the job
- Providing guidance and support to managers with disciplinary, grievance, capability and absence.
- Support at Leuchie Board meetings where required, and to participate as a member of the operations committee, reporting on HR issues and progress of projects.
- To implement a cost effective HRIS.
- Payroll administration
- To support managers in all areas of HR such as recruitment, employee relations, training
- To deal with any HR enquiries such references requests and recruitment opportunities
- To manage the recruitment process ensuring in line with Company policy
- To manager the registrations of employees i.e. SSSC, NMC, HCPC and PVG as per regulatory requirements, ensuring training is planned in line with registration conditions.
- To review and implement HR policies in line with legislative and procedural updates
- Proven administrative and IT/MS skills are essential
- Previous HR experience is essential, preferably within hospitality or a care setting
- CIPD qualified
- Excellent team work, interaction and general communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Salary and benefits
- £32,000 per annum
- 35 days holiday entitlement
- Benefits: life assurance, workplace pension, discounted gym membership, employee assistance programme, health cash scheme, access to SCVO Credit Union, discounted home cooked food, free will writing and amendment service
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with long term conditions
How to apply
Please complete the application form below or email a copy of your current CV and a covering letter to Jodie Martin, HR Manager: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 20 April 2018
- Call us to find out more 01620 892 864