Fundraising development manager (maternity cover)
What we do:
This is a really exciting time to join Leuchie! As a charity we are dedicated to delivering a unique, fully integrated health and social care service, built around our bespoke five star quality assurance framework based on professionalism, well-being and customer service. Set in the beautiful East Lothian countryside beside North Berwick, we are a respite centre offering short breaks to people with long term conditions such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s.
The learning and development of our staff is crucial as we strive to deliver a wide range of opportunities and experiences. We are delighted to be an official partner of Queen Margaret University in terms of Health and Social Care, research and co-production.
We are recruiting for a dynamic Fundraising Development Manager to cover a period of maternity leave. The initial period of maternity cover is for 6 months however this could be extended should the successful candidate be able to start earlier for a handover. The purpose of this role is to lead and develop fundraising across a range of income streams. This includes trust and statutory income sources, a major donor programme and corporate donations. As the fundraising team need to raise 46% of the money required to run Leuchie each year from fundraising, it’s a vital role in the ongoing development of Leuchie House. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable management experience and the ability to implement and influence the future of our fundraising team.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proven track record of increasing income for a charity
- Knowledge of developing a high worth fundraising strategy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is essential
- Excellent presentation skills
- 35 days holiday entitlement pro rata
- Benefits: life assurance, workplace pension, discounted gym membership, employee assistance programme, health cash scheme, access to SCVO Credit Union, discounted home cooked food, free will writing and amendment service
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with long term conditions
How to apply:
Complete the application form below or send your CV with a covering letter to Jodie Martin, HR Manager, Leuchie House, North Berwick EH39 5NT or by email to email@example.com.
All posts at Leuchie are subject to either a Protection of Vulnerable Groups register check or a Police Act Disclosure check. Leuchie is a charity registered in Scotland SC042249.
Closing date for applications: Friday 2 March 2018
- Call us to find out more 01620 892 864