This is a newly created, exciting opportunity for a charge nurse to help lead our nursing and care team.
As a nurse-led service, you must have the clinical and organisational skills to manage a complex nursing environment and be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary health and non-health related team. as well as being engaging and motivating to nursing and care staff, with high attention to detail. You will be highly motivated and committed to delivering excellent nursing care to our guests. You’ll also be forward thinking with excellent communication skills and want to positively contribute to the unique Leuchie experience.
Nursing at Leuchie House
To find out more about what it's like to be a Charge Nurse at Leuchie House, read Emma's story.
Salary and benefits
- Welcome bonus: £250 upon successful completion of probation period and a further £250 for completion of one year's service.
- Highly competitive salary - £19 per hour.
- Extended 12-hour days for a shorter working week. Full-time or part-time considered.
- 35 days holiday entitlement pro rata.
- A range of other benefits: life assurance, workplace pension, discounted gym membership, employee assistance programme, health cash scheme, access to SCVO Credit Union, discounted home cooked food.
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with long term conditions.
About Leuchie House
This is a really exciting time to join Leuchie! As a charity we are dedicated to delivering a unique, fully integrated health and social care service, built around our bespoke five star quality assurance framework based on professionalism, wellbeing and customer service.
Set in the beautiful East Lothian countryside beside North Berwick, Leuchie House is a national respite centre offering short breaks to people with a wide range of long term conditions including multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s. We cared for people with 31 different conditions in 2016.
We enjoy a country house feel at Leuchie, rather than a clinical atmosphere, with the emphasis as much on social care as on health. We are at the forefront in person-centered care and offer physiotherapy and a variety of activities and entertainment throughout the guest’s stay.
The learning and development of our staff is crucial as we strive to deliver a wide range of opportunities and experiences. We are delighted to be an official partner of Queen Margaret University working together on health and social care, research and co-production.
How to apply
For further information please send your CV or complete the application form below and return to Laura Swan, HR Assistant. Email email@example.com or by post to Laura Swan, HR Assistant, Leuchie House, North Berwick EH39 5NT.
- Call us to find out more 01620 892 864